Thursday, February 28, 2008

Well...I received some really disappointing news today. Remember the fistula that they placed in my arm, the one that I've been waiting over four weeks to heal so that I could start dialysis treatments? Apparently it didn't work. I guess I don't have the best vascular system either. The next plan of action is to insert a catheter into my subclavian artery or vein and have a little port like system. I'll have the ends that connect to the machine poking out of my chest. It's normally used for emergency dialysis. I didn't even get a chance to discuss donor options. I was so overwhelmed by this news, and the doctors warnings about the risk for infection. Due to this risk they want to try to make a fistula in my other arm! This is beginning to get a little ridiculous.

No comments: