Sunday, January 13, 2008

Well...I can't get into the kidney doctor until next week, unless someone makes a cancellation. At least I've calmed down since yesterday. I was pretty upset with the situation. I guess right now I just have to "wait and see." Of course there is nothing more I hate than the "wait and see" game. I'm the type of person who likes to fix things. If there is a problem, I want to know what I can do to fix it. I have no problem immediately throwing myself into action to try to help a situation. Unfortunately for me, this is not one of those times. There aren't going to be any speedy fixes. Even if I do go through with the hemodialysis, it takes time to have the fistula placed. Then it takes time for it to heal, before it can be used. I guess I feel like a ticking time bomb. This is all really hard for me to handle, especially without my parents. I'm considering telling them, but I can't decide if I should wait until after the doctor's appointment. I just realized that if I wait that long to tell them, they might be hurt that I didn't come to them sooner. I just want to show them that I know whats going on, and that I'm in control of the situation.

No comments: